Studiotips Acoustical Tools
simply right-click (or control-click
for mac) on the file name
and choose "Save link as..." or "Save target as..."
be sure to download as 'source' rather than 'text' if given the option.
Most of the file are compressed in both Mac Stuffit and PC zip formats.
Useful files and programs
if you make any improvements or make metric versions of these programs please upload them to the site
- MODESv2p.xls is a spreadsheet from Jeff D. Szymanski that calculates normal room modes for rectangular spaces. Detailed instructions
are included on the first sheet. A Bonello distribution curve is included
with information on how to interpret the results.
- The latest version of Scott's
excel sabin and mode speadsheet - The Sabin Mode sheet
is for calculating RTC 60, Sabins and Modes. He has color coded the areas to enter data and added some intsructions on the spreadsheet - Scott
has offered his assistance in using these files you can email him at SFoster@SFAcommercial.com
- Diffusor calculator the latest excel spreadsheet to calculate diffusors - from Scott R. Foster
- Diffusor calculator An excel spreadsheet to calculate diffusors - from Scott R. Foster
modes a filemaker room mode calculator - Mac stuffit file
+ room modes a filemaker Mac stuffit file
modes - Mac stuffit file - a filemaker room mode calculator - from
modes - PC zip file - a filemaker room mode calculator - from Stephen
Table of absorption coefficients to use with the calculators
slat resonator calculator - PC zip file -
- Brendan Minish's honeycomb port resonator calculator - pc zip file -
- Pictures of Brendan Minish's honeycomb port resonatorPicture 1 is the inside of one of my absorbers showing the rockwool. Picture 2 is the outside of the front. Picture 3 is the back of the front panel showing the pipes.